15.10.12

Evaluation


Evaluation
I have most of the conventions I found while doing my research, to make the, magazine look more like an original magazine. I put the masthead in big letters at the top to make it instantly recognisable and let the audience know what the magazine is called. I also put the sky line at the top like in most of the magazines I have researched. I made each of the stories mentioned in the sky line a different colour to make each look different from the one before and the alternating colours used suits the colour scheme while also standing out form the rest of the cover. I have tried to use a medium close up o fit in with the conventions of a magazine cover but I think the image is more of a medium shot which lets the reader see the full person.
I have used the chosen colour because the colour green connotates the idea of prosperity and freshness which I feel will attract the correct audience. And the colour yellow connotates the idea of happiness and joy which is what I wanted because it wanted the magazine to be a light hearted one and feel less serious which it think will attract the key target audience because the magazine is aimed at people in their late teens and I feel that this target market will prefer a light hearted magazine to a serious and dull one.  I have also made the model hold some college folders to connotate the idea of this lifestyle being educational while the fact she is wearing casual clothes shows that the lifestyle is also casual. I think that this will attract the target audience because the people in the target audience will want and desire this lifestyle. Also, the use of stories that relate to the reader will attract the correct target audience because they will want to know how it will affect them or how they feel about it.
I have asked some people what they think about the magazine, they are in my target audience.
“It looks so interesting and I want to read the actual magazine”- Josh Burnett
“It looks informative”-Jack Bell
I think I would have to do a wider assessment of the target audience to see whether it is effective but the preliminary results show it to be good.
Using the technology has made me learn how to use Photoshop effectively and has let me see the capabilities of the technology.
I believe this cover is slightly effective because the image looks like it will meet the target audience because of the colour scheme and the use of a splatter style background to make the image look more rugged and less serious which will attract the target audience. Also, I believe that it meets most of the conventions whilst also creating some of the necessary media language to attract the target audience effectively. However I feel that the image I have used looks to sharp and the edges need to be smoother to make it look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment