7.4.13

EVALUATION- How does the media product represent particular social groups?


I used the polls I made to generate a key demographic of younger teens in the working class who don't really have much money. From this is was able to stereotype the audience and aim the magazine at them specifically. This allowed me to create the magazine based on this idea and it allowed me to know what i can use to attract the right audience. For example on the front cover i used a promotional free gift of a set of free posters. I used this because I used the research and the stereotype of the demographic to find out what my key audience would be more interested in. I then used this to design my magazine as i could use the correct connotations and codes which would attract the correct demographic. I feel that these poll's helped me because they allowed me to make the product attract the correct audience and the correct social group which meant that it would be attractive to the key demographic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment